Wednesday 16 April 2008

AGA baked chocolate cake

In our kitchen we have an AGA classic with 4 ovens. It was installed in the 40s when electric was put into the house and we love it....It's great for jams (made rhubarb and blackberry at the weekend), chutneys, drying tomatoes/mushrooms, the top keeps my teapot warm, the 4 ovens means juggling Sunday roast is easy and best of all it makes the best cakes ...as our visitors often tell me. It runs on solid fuel and provides our main source of heating in the house. There is a debate over how environmentally friendly AGAs are but they have always been made from recycled materials and now they offer many types of fuel - but for us the fact is it has been in for 60+ years, 1 AGA vs how many cookers that could have been, I don't use a tumble drier my AGA drys for me (if the washing line can't) and even helps with the ironing (a tip that I've been told my many including AGA expert Mary Berry).

No comments: